Visit the Ice House Artist’s Co-op, a unique gallery showcasing and selling the work of more than 30 local and regional artists. Open weekends (and Fridays during the season) the Co-op Gallery is housed at the Ice House, home of the Morgan Arts Council and center for visual and performing arts of all media. The Morgan Arts Council’s formal gallery is adjacent to the Ice House Artists’ Co-op, in the same building, and keeps the same hours of operation. The Ice House is located in the heart of historic Berkeley Springs, one of the 100 best small art towns in America.
The Ice House Artists’ Co-op Gallery was opened in April, 2000 in conjunction with the efforts of the Morgan Arts Council who owns the Ice House and is transforming into a responsive and creative arts center. The Artists’ Co-op relies on the volunteer support of its members, and the friendly help of the docents. The artists pay a monthly fee to staff the co-op. 20% of each sale is returned to the Morgan Arts Council for use of their gallery space.
- Promote local artists
- Foster art in the community
- Make quality handmade fine art and fine craft readily available
- Keep Berkeley Springs as one of the “Top 100 U.S. Art Towns”.
- Broaden arts awareness
- Offer Gallery Demonstrations
- Present art exhibits in the Morgan Arts Council’s Ice House Gallery
Our Artists’ Work:
- Following are representative images of some of our artists’ work: